Saturday, September 18, 2010

Texture Workshop

For the last couple of years texture and inclusions in artwork have intrigued me and being an art supply junkie of sorts leads me to try new materials often. Having a strong background in decorative painting probably contributes to the fascination with texture too.

Many of the products on the market just weren't producing the results I wanted, mediums were either too soft, not pliable enough or didn't have the bonding qualities I was after. 
Around mid May while attending a regional art convention I noticed artwork on display by one of the vendors and had to find out what the heck he was using. That started my journey with Powertex.  

Moon Cycle was my first successful piece using Powertex


I was hooked. The product is compatable with acrylic, a plus, and is water soluble, another plus, has a strong bond and gets very hard when dry, more pluses. To make a long story short I'm now certified to teach with Powertex. Here's a few pics of the workshop I conducted in late August.

















Everyones work was so different and inventive! The energy in a room full of artists at work with a new medium is an amazing thing to participate in.
I can't wait to do this again!

1 comment: